Thursday, October 30, 2008

Grandpa knew best

Always an incredible wood carver, Grandpa R creates figurines and objects that emote an array of reaction. Back in 1989, while I was immersed in cross country and track, my grandpa noticed this passion, much like he has for golf. Unbeknownst to me, he had procured one of my shoes. This is probably one of the best gifts I have ever recieved, even as long ago as that was. When I recieved it, I was immediately drawn to the detail to Reebok's "new at the time" ERS or energy response system that was integrated w/ a dual density eva midsole to prevent overpronation. Also noted was the detail to the worn high abrasion outsole (one of the downpoints of this particular shoe)

It wasn't until later that I truly appreciated the time, thought, talent, and foresight that he put into this. It is a reminder of one of the many things in life that make me happy, and how important all of my family is to me. Hope he gets to swinging the clubs again soon!

Todays lunch hour was brought to you by the letter "H" as in "H"ill repeats or what in the "H"eck am I doing trying to keep up with Wartburgers?? Still maintained below 180 bpm though so I didn't push it too hard. A good 5 miles w/ a half sub from sub-city in the gut.
Tonight is Clarksville's Trick or Treat from 5-7, should be fun! Still wonder how your supposed to scare someone during the daylight?? I am sure it is much safer.

4 comments:

bluecolnago said...

grandpa's are definitely special people. mine was "crafty" too. i miss him.

halloween (trick or treet) in the daylight just doesn't seem "right". the world has definitely changed.

john said...

What did I miss? Are you working with the Wartburg Tracksters?
Sure would be nice to have you join us in some X events.
John

B I D W E L L said...

I attempt to keep up w/ them sometimes. Getting back into form, may try to cross thing someday....

Guitar Ted said...

Yeah, gotta agree with Blue, Grandpa's are cool.