Tuesday, April 28, 2009

IMBCS #2 to be rescheduled

I spent some time assessing the trail system last night and again this morning, and we have some major flooding going on affecting a majority of the North side trails and South side trails. Even if it stayed dry until the weekend (which is unlikely with the forecast) it will be a muddy mess, and still have unpassable sections. We have re-routed in the past but am not fond of 3-4 mile loops when there is much more to offer. Out of concern for rider's travel time and expense, damage to bicycle's, and a substandard experience, I am planning on rescheduling the event. Stay tuned for NEW date in the works as we speak.

5 comments:

Douglas Boyce III said...

Sorry to hear about the reschedule, but it sounds like a good decision.

bluecolnago said...

good call! ;)

B I D W E L L said...

Thanks for the reaffirmation. Was a hard call to make, especially when we were ready:(

Guitar Ted said...

That sucks to have to do that. (I know- Big Wheeled Ballyhoo anyone?) But I agree with you.

A sub-par experience is far worse than a cancellation. Some folks would do well to keep that in mind in some cases.

B I D W E L L said...

Sounds like we will be shooting for Aug 1st and 2nd to fit into the IMBCS schedule and not interfere with other state's racing series. Not official yet.
Trails should definitely rock and we may possibly have the bridge done as well!
GT- guess I won't be seeing you at checkpoint 2 huh? ;)