Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Treacherous 25

Met 8 other fellows in CF for Adams slap of gravel goodness. I don't recall much gravel, just a lot of ice. Made for a good challenge, I mean, it doesn't usually take 2.5-3 hrs to go 25 miles.... It was a great ride non-the less. I got a bit overconfident with my under-inflated ignitors on the ice and paid the price. Bike went right, left leg went left, soon to be followed by the body that fell somewhere in the middle. Lower half of the leg taco'ed out and OUCH. Luckily it was cold enough to subdue the pain, enough so, that Jeremy Fry could pedal w/ me the final 6 or 7 miles. Thanks, you are a true gentleman! Now it is off to the Doc tomorrow for an MRI I suppose and knee brace. Geesh. Walking is still a bit of a chore that usually involves some choice colorful words, just ask my wife. Sorry honey! I'll leave you with a couple mobile pics- though there are a few more floating around on facebook.

3 comments:

bluecolnago said...

now you'll have to follow doctor's orders, buddy. still, a good ride!

bluecolnago said...

is that super saul off by the ditch in that second pic? what's he doing? hmmmm....

B I D W E L L said...

I think he is looking for his contact or something.
Kind of puts a kabosh to riding for awhile :( Waiting for MRI results.....